Sod Options in Calgary
Kentucky bluegrass is synonymous with the ideal lawn. When given its preferred growing conditions and proper care, this grass produces a dense, lush, durable lawn that lives up to its reputation. However, Kentucky bluegrass doesn’t do it on its own.
This grass requires a relatively high level of maintenance to look its best, but results can be worth it. Depending on your grass growing region and your lawn care goals, Kentucky bluegrass may be a perfect choice for your lawn.
Some of the benefits include:
– Cool-season lawn grass
– Excellent winter hardiness
– Limited shade tolerance
– Suitable for northern lawns from coast to coast
– Some varieties susceptible to heat and drought
– Some varieties vulnerable to stress damage
PREMIUM FAIRWAY CUT
Premium Kentucky Blue Grass Fairway Cut sod is maintained at a blade height of 3/4″, making it ideal for golf course fairways. This fine blended Kentucky Blue Grass is adaptable to a low cutting height, has high wear ability, a quick spring green up, extremely prairie hardy and disease resistant. Fescue blend is added to increase the turf’s shade and drought tolerance.
- 20% Everest Kentucky Bluegrass
- 20% Nuglade Kentucky Bluegrass
- 20% Award Kentucky Bluegrass
- 20% Nublue Plus Kentucky Bluegrass
- 20% Creeping Red Fescue
Blue Grass Eco Lawn
Blue Grass Eco Lawn is optimized for approximately once a month mowing, great when away on holidays. It’s a perfect choice anywhere you want to reduce mowing time and maintenance. Eco Lawn is perfect for athletic fields, golf course roughs, residential and commercial applications. It will not persist in areas with dense shade. Best when maintained at a growing height of 2″ to 3″ high.
- 100% Certified Dwarf Kentucky Blue Grass
Fine Fescue Blend
- 25% Magic Chewing Fescue
- 25% Aurora Gold Hard Fescue
- 25% Creeping Red Fescue
- 20% Sheeps Fescue
- 5% Everest Kentucky Blue Grass
Contact us for a Quote on all your Sod needs!